From Renee Kaulfuss, MSRA L2492 – Bloodmobile Coordinator:
I am happy to announce that this year’s blood drive is on at Back to the 50’s!!
The date is June 19 from 8am to 8pm.
It will again be located at 1526 West Dan Patch which is on the west end of the fairgrounds where the sky ride ends. If you have any questions, please contact me at 651-485-7458 or email me at email@example.com. Thank you again for your support.
The Red Cross remains committed to the safety of their volunteers, donors and staff, following the highest standards of safety and infection control. It is highly recommended that you schedule a time to donate blood by using the online link provided here for you. This will assist the Red Cross with any social distancing concerns. Thank you.
To schedule an appointment to donate blood
!!! CLICK HERE !!!
Then click on the red box that reads “SEE TIMES” to select your appointment time.
OR their website www.redcrossblood.org
1 – Enter the code MSRA into either the “Find a Blood drive” or the “Find A Drive” search area
2 – You will then get a new screen. On the left side you will see the Saturday, June 19 2021 date. Click on the red box that reads SEE TIMES to go to a new screen.
3 – At this screen the times of the open donations pops up and you select the time you want to donate and enter their data.
AMAZON GIFT CARD
The Red Cross will be offering a $5.00 Amazon gift card giveaway
that will come via email after the blood drive.
- Enhanced disinfecting of surfaces and equipment
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before entering and throughout the donation appointment
- Temperature checks before presenting donors enter the bloodmobile.
- Following social distancing practices between donors including donor beds, as well as waiting and refreshment areas.
- Fully vaccinated individuals including staff and blood donors will no longer need to wear face masks or socially distance.
- Unvaccinated individuals will continue to be required to wear face masks and socially distance.
- Proof of vaccination will not be a requirement. We trust that our blood donors will provide honest responses – it’s what our eligibility process is built upon. We will continue to rely on the honesty of our blood donors when it comes to COVID-19 vaccination and face masks.
Have a smartphone? Dd you know there is an American Red Cross Donor App that you can download on your smartphone? This is a great app that can save you time on donation day. Once you download the app, you can schedule your appointment, access you donor card, track donations, get rewards and much more. Part of your appointment process on donation day is sitting with a nurse and updating all your information which is time consuming. Don’t you just want to get in, donate and get out and enjoy the day? With this app, prior to your appointment (it does have to be on the same day), you can go in and answer all those questions BEFORE you even step into the bloodmobile. Isn’t that a plus?? A plus for you and a plus for the Bloodmobile staff because they can process more volunteers. Click here for details.
How about creating a team?? Get the spirit going and if you have someone donating for the first time and is a bit frightened, you could have a whole team that will cheer that person on. You can create that team on your Donor App. Make it a family affair, there are so many options. (photo of a family that is first in line – photo credit Renee Kaulfuss)
The Bloodmobile will be available from 8am to 8pm. Please consider donating.
I WOULD LIKE TO DONATE BLOOD but how do I know if I am eligible? Click here for a FAQ on eligibility criteria
The Red Cross slogan “The need is constant. The gratification is instant. Give Blood”, says it all. It will take approximately 45 minutes out of your day to give blood. All you need to do is complete a health history form, have your vitals checked and give a pint of blood.